BODY CENTRED CONVERSATION | Let the Body Lead
"The body is the field where all of our experience happens." - Katie Lane
From the outside, body centred conversations might look like coaching or counselling with two people sitting in chairs together talking. However, unlike traditional "talk therapies", these sessions focus on inviting you to come into your own body awareness, track physical sensations and emotions, establish grounding practices as anchors, uncover your intuitive "gut" knowing, and build capacity to acknowledge, resolve, and complete whatever wants or needs to happen - in the body.
At times, and only when agreed upon by you and me, movement exercises and/or touch may be used to guide, support, or contain the experiences and emotions that you may arise.
Email to book a FREE 20 minute phone chat to learn more about the process, address any questions/concerns you might have, and book your first session.
Body Centred Conversation may be useful for:
- Getting clarity around a particular issue, situation, emotion/s, dominant story, core wound that keeps showing up in your life.
- Learning to listen to your body and access your inner and outer resources to tolerate/support 'being with' what arises
- Establishing better boundaries and learning how to ask for what you need
- Balancing/regulating your nervous system by increasing your access to the relaxation response or mobilising more action/energy to come out of freeze
- Working with trauma and symptoms of trauma
- Processing major life changes including those resulting from natural disasters, accidents, break up or loss of a loved one, assault or abuse
- Working with experiences of anxiety, depression, and numbness
- Establishing your own ability to track yourself, to know when you have gone into overwhelm, to stay with your body in space during stressful times, and to know what is needed to return to your centre.
- Increased self acceptance, self empathy, personal empowerment, and relational confidence
- Deeper awareness, presence, and intimacy in your relationships
Body Centred Conversations are strongly influenced by Katie's studies in Somatic Experiencing (a body based approach for working with trauma and the nervous system), an embodied approach to NonViolent Communication, 12+ years of work as a Yoga Therapist, and her personal and deep apprenticeship to the wisdom of the body as a natural, intuitive guide for our own insight, resourcing, and healing.
Face to Face Sessions (Island Bay, Wellington) or Online (Skype, FaceTime, Messenger)
$95 | 60 minute session
$250 | Three x 60 minute session package (3 month expiry)
6 session discounted package also available, get in touch more details.
Please contact Katie to talk further or to book a session/s.
021 810 422
** Please note that body centred conversation is an adjunct support, not replacement, for professional mental health therapy. Due to the close relationship between psychological, emotional, and physical, sometimes other aspects of our health and/or chronic pain, illness also need to be addressed. I may also suggest that clients consider working with other health professionals - acupuncturist, herbalist, psychotherapy/counselling, medical testing, etc. **